The formative years of a child’s education are very impressionable and need extra attention. This is a time when a child’s mind, attitude and ideas can be honed, shaped and moulded, so that s/he grows up to be a compassionate, well-rounded, mindful and aware individual.
The CBSE primary school curriculum stresses strongly the conceptual learning of the subjects as, here, the skills the students developed in the Early Year Program come into action.
Sri Prakash Vidyaniketan primary school is counted among one of the best CBSE primary schools in Visakhapatnam (Vizag), where we work towards a brighter future for our students.
Each year, as they begin their journey to Primary Grades of III, IV and V, they are introduced to a new curriculum to provide them with advanced learning. At our primary school in Visakhapatnam (Vizag), this phase serves as an intermediate phase between the conceptual learning stages to the career-building stage.
Everything learned in the primary classes will build the initial ground for our junior school students to work towards their dream. In this crucial phase, every aspect of learning i.e. academics, inculcating values, discipline and even physical fitness is closely taken care of.
The overall development of a child during the early years of education strengthens their comprehensive abilities, enhancing their vision for both personal and academic goals.
Our CBSE curriculum for the primary school students is meticulously designed to give them a clear understanding of the topics that have a vital significance throughout their life. We accomplish this through our innovative teaching methods, focusing on the application of concepts and creating a hands-on experience for students, using learning kits and practical methods.
- Our curriculum consists of application-based learning tools, wherein all basic concepts are cleared. Each subject, be it Maths, Science, Social Studies, Languages, or even additional subjects like Computer Sciences, are catered to, with a basic concept of ‘learning by doing’. We compete and stand among the best CBSE primary schools in Visakhapatnam (Vizag), and give children a wider perspective to life and education.
- Our highly skilled teachers make use of various creative methods and activities to instruct what we usually learn in the form of textbooks. Even our textbooks include illustrative content for visual understanding.
- We have incorporated various kits such as Science Kits, Mathematics Kits, EVS Kits and more, to allow our students to understand the finer aspects of each topic thoroughly.
Language and communication skills play a vital role in a child’s development. We engage the pre-primary kids of our Visakhapatnam (Vizag) school through activities based on conversation, interaction, storytelling, and rhymes, which help the child acquire a larger vocabulary.
We also help the child to develop phonological awareness. By the age of 6 kids are able to choose correct words to express themselves, and are also able to follow multi-step instructions. We inculcate a book reading habit from kindergarten so that each child will be able to read and interpret a story book in his / her early primary class.
- Weekly Assessments – 20 minute objective tests act as checkpoints in a student’s academic schedule, conducted in the buffer periods to maintain a child’s consistency.
- Periodic Assessments – Objective and Subjective tests are conducted once in each term, for all scholastic subjects and ICT.
- Summative Assessments – Objective and Subjective tests are conducted at the end of each term, for all scholastic subjects and ICT.
Each child is motivated to ask questions, to encourage their curiosity. Our multi-sensory learning approach looks after the overall development of the child. With many more such learning aids and techniques, our teaching methodology is considered one of the finest among CBSE Primary schools in Visakhapatnam (Vizag).